Struggling a little bit to keep your chin up? Not looking forward to your day? Experiencing low energy and high stress?
Whatever is getting you down right now, there are ways to brighten your day and outlook. Even if you don't feel like trying, you'll be better for the effort. Each way takes a bit of faith that after expending a little emotional, physical, or mental energy, the return will be worth it.
Here goes! Feel free to post these on your bathroom mirror or refrigerator as a daily reminder:
1. Smile. Studies show that the physical act of smiling releases neurotransmitters that make you feel happier.
2. Call a friend.
3. Take a walk.
4. Watch one of your favorite movies.
5. Cook a meal.
6. Plant some flowers.
7. Take a lavender bath.
8. Write down three things you're grateful for.
9. Seek Beauty. The local botanical gardens, the views in your local park, or watching a travel video to the beautiful place you'd like to visit, will immediately impact your mind, such that your negative thoughts won't have room to multiply. If you search...
10. Play with your pet. Because animals seek your love and attention-they are predominantly looking for warm and positive interactions with you. Take five minutes and give your pet your undeniable attention. He or she will reward you with unconditional love and it's a natural pick me up.
Now, hopefully you might try at least one of these ten tips today and everyday in tough times when your outlook may be on the negative side. When you brighten your outlook, you make better choices for your life, bring light and life to others, and improve your mental and physical health.
You're worth this and so much more.